Meet the AIDS Walk New York Staff and Interns
Passionate and driven both in the fight against HIV/AIDS and the world of mega-event planning, the AIDS Walk staff is hard at work to bring you an incredible 29th annual AIDS Walk New York. Are you interested in walking, volunteering, fundraising, or donating a product or service? Contact one of these friendly faces today at 212.807.9255 (WALK). This energetic team is happy to assist you!
Let us introduce ourselves: Click here to meet our team!
AIDS Walk New York Staff:
Kate Rosenblum, Event Director
Andi Dubé, Promotions Coordinator
Inbar Sharon, Supervisor of Teams & Targeted Fundraising
Patrick Link, Assistant Supervisor of Teams & Targeted Fundraising
Jesus Baquiax, Team Coordinator & Fundraising Specialist
Sarah Clark, Team Coordinator & Fundraising Specialist
Christina Ferro, Team Coordinator & Fundraising Specialist
Aliah O'Neill, Team Coordinator & Fundraising Specialist
Tanay Tatum, Team Coordinator & Fundraising Specialist
Allison Holstein, Production Coordinator & Fundraising Specialist
Arianne Cintula, Star Walker Coordinator & Fundraising Specialist
Sonya Elise Roberts, Supervisor of Event Operations
Isaiah Ford, Logistics Coordinator
Anna McKinnon, Volunteer Coordinator
Chris Pesto, Community Outreach Coordinator
Thom Medrano, Supervisor of Office Management & Community Partnership Specialist
Caitlin Vogt, Office Coordinator
Kiersten Kampschroeder, IT & Social Media Specialist
Thank you to our outstanding interns... We couldn’t do this without you!
Edwin Acosta, Teams & Targeted Fundraising Intern
Isabelle Syrek, Office Management Intern
Ernandine Sutarjadi, Volunteer Intern
Danielle Cifelli, Star Walker Intern
Ricquel Coleman, Teams & Targeted Fundraising Intern
Jamie Novak, Event Operations Intern
Director of Campaign Operations
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
The Director of Campaign Operations oversees all aspects of events produced by MZA Events (a for-profit events company) including: staff management, budgeting, timeline management, milestones, logistics, fundraising, participant recruitment and retention and volunteer programs. The Director of Campaign Operations works closely with the CEO, and plays a key role in managing client relations. This position also serves on the Senior Management Team. Skilled in management, resource development, and strategic planning, the person in this position is tasked with the primary objective to ensure that the organization performs at an optimal level.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of each fundraising campaign and ensure optimal staffing levels. Produce top-quality events while containing costs and increasing revenues.
- Work with Event Directors to formulate aggressive and multi-layered campaign marketing plans
- Manage and develop Event Directors and IT staff
- Reports directly to CEO, and serves as key liaison between CEO and senior staff
- Represents company and CEO in working with clients
- Lead operational budgeting processes and identify methods to increase efficiency and income
- Spearhead short and long term planning for event operations.
- Oversees risk management and legal compliance of each event and its production.
- Negotiate vendor contracts, agreements, and leases associated with campaigns
- Oversee event operations related to events large and small. Events range from intimate appreciation lunches; to extensive logistical operations for Marathon; to complete production of large scale, mass-participatory fundraising events such as AIDS Walks in New York and California.
- Oversee financial management of events. Work with Event Directors and CEO to develop campaign budgets. Work with Event Directors to monitor compliance with event budgets. Apprise the CEO of budgetary issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Oversees all decisions and plans related to MZA’s three permanent offices as well as temporary sites, including staffing, staff plans, and space planning
- Collaborate on all decisions and plans related to IT infrastructure. Oversee senior IT staff member
- Advise the CEO in financial planning, client relations, new business, Senior Management development, and overall organization and decision making. Implement MZA policies and strategies.
Qualifications & Skills
Candidate must have five to 10+ years’ experience in executive level fundraising management, and/or campaign management and/or large-scale event planning.
Candidate must have extensive experience in operational management, financial planning, organizational development, personnel management, strategic planning, as well as extremely high proficiency with the Microsoft suite of software, particularly Excel and Outlook, and on-line fundraising. Experience with HTML, ACT, Paradox, and other data base management is preferred.
Other personal attributes must include strong written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving expertise, high motivation, decision-making abilities, concentrated multi-tasking capabilities, effective organizational and leadership skills, strategic thinking and dedication to the company's mission.
Work days are generally Monday through Friday, with additional days as needed. Work hours are generally Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with additional hours as needed and shorter hours at times. Some weekends and long hours are required.
Regular domestic travel is required.
Preference is for position to be based in Los Angeles area. MZA Events will consider candidates that may be based in either New York City or San Francisco.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Please indicate that you are applying for the “Director of Campaign Operations” position in the subject line.
MZA Events is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group identification, race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, medical condition, or physical handicap