Date: Sunday, July 20, 2014
Schedule of Events:
8:35 a.m. Gold Team Photo Shoots begin
9 a.m. Sign-In and Awards Open
- Skip the lines on Sunday and sign in early at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis at 780 Mission St. from 8 AM-8 PM, Friday, July 18! Look for room, Sierra K.
9:30 a.m. Aerobic Warm-Up
9:45 a.m. Opening Ceremony
10:30 a.m. AIDS Walk San Francisco Begins!
10:30 a.m. KidZone Opens
12:30 p.m. Post Walk Concert
Location: The AIDS Walk will start and end in Sharon Meadow in Golden Gate Park.
Length: 10 kilometers/6.2 miles
Directions and Parking:
Public Transportation: Public transportation is recommended due to the limited amount of parking. The following MUNI bus lines stop near the entrance to the park at Stanyan: 5 Fulton, 7 Haight, 21 Hayes, 33 Stanyan, 71 Noriega (at Lincoln), and N Judah (bus before 8 a.m., train after 8 a.m.). The 37 Corbett and 43 Masonic stop about two blocks from the park entrance at Haight and Cole.
Car Parking: There is limited parking available in the neighborhood around Golden Gate Park on Kezar Dr, Lincoln Way, and surrounding streets. Parking can also be found in the UCSF garage which is located at 500 Parnassus (cross streets are 3rd Ave. and Hillway Ave.), and it is located next to the Food Court.
*Please PRINT this invite and show it to the UCSF attendant for a discounted parking rate of $7.50 for the day. You may also show them your AIDS Walk T-shirt or another item showing you were at AIDS Walk San Francisco.
We encourage all participants to use public transportation or carpool as there is limited parking available in the neighborhood around Golden Gate Park.
From 6:00AM until 2:00PM:
- JFK Drive – west end from Transverse to the 47th Avenue connection. (The East end is already closed on Sundays.)
- Transverse Drive – from Crossover Drive to MLK Drive
- Middle Drive West from Transverse to Chain of Lakes
- MLK Drive from Chain of Lakes to JFK Drive
- Metson Road – from MLK Drive to Middle Drive West.
- Bowling Green Drive –from MLK Drive to Pelosi Drive (Middle Drive East)
Gold Team Photo Schedule: